How to remove currency symbol prepend?

bobolink bobmoffatt at telus.net
Mon Mar 23 19:07:42 EDT 2015

I am the treasurer of not-for-profit organization in Canada and am using
Gnucash to set up a basic bookkeeping system. I'm pleased with the results
so far, however, I'm irritated by the fact that I can't remove the currency
sign at the front of an amount in reports, for example. If I copy a Balance
Sheet to Excel for presentation purposes, the symbols remain and are time
consuming to remove. I've seen a couple of questionable solutions on the
internet but they apply to Linux and not Mac or Windows. It seems to me that
this shouldn't be complicated and easy to fix but I have no clue how to do
it. Does anybody have a solution to this relatively minor, but irritating
issue? Thank you!