Currency symbol before/after number

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Tue Mar 24 18:38:58 EDT 2015

Mon, 23 Mar 2015 20:38:55
<CA+nXY9aFVw+HWAnWFefOE=CYpp+teTCS7UkXEC0TN-7sfxUWBQ at mail.gmail.com>
Paul Salmon <paul.b.salmon at gmail.com>

>I'd like the GnuCash Accounts page to show USD and EUR with the currency
>symbol on the left, and another, local currency with the symbol on the
>right. Is this possible?

Don't think so.  They're just pictures next to a number really.  I put
the international 3 letter currency code in the account name to save
this sort of trouble.

>I'm not entirely sure how this works, as on my computer all symbols are on
>the left, and on this other person's computer (who is in another country
>and likely has another locale) all currency symbols are on the right.

Just convention.  Here in the UK I say 23 pounds 50 but don't expect the
pound sign to appear between the pounds and the pence.

Are we talking about a currency that doesn't normally have spots in day
to day dealing ? i.e. no matter how small the value of something no
decimals are required?

--
Wm...