Paycheck YTD totals

R. Victor Klassen rvklassen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 18:52:23 EDT 2015

You say you are already printing splits with pay checks.  I don’t know whether you’re manually creating those or using software (presumably of your own creation) to do it.

If you’re using software, that would be where to do the YTD calculation.  I’d suggest putting the YTD info in the memo field of the splits - thus:

Federal Tax YTD $2019.38;   This pay period:
then put that in the same line of the split as the federal tax being deducted.  And so forth.

If you’re doing it by hand, you would calculate the YTD in a spreadsheet, and then type that into the split, which is getting even more tedious.