Recording all purchases under a vendor???

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Mar 26 14:15:43 EDT 2015

On Thursday 26 March 2015 06:49:55 nssimpson wrote:
> Hi Maf
>
> Think I've cracked it!!! Firstly I deleted the refund in Legal Fees.
>
> I then chose to process payment for the credit note but entered the
> full amount, which was £35 greater than the credit note.
>
> When viewing the split transaction in my checking account it showed
> the extra £35 logged against A/P. I simply moved that to Legal Fees
> and it's all balancing correctly).

Manually moving splits to and from the A/P account may confuse the
business features. I say "may" because I never had to do what you did.

Just to be sure: can you open the Vendor->Process Payment... window,
select the vendor we are talking about and verify there is no £35 left
as either pre-payment or unpaid bill.

If that's not the case, then your procedure is good.

> If that's the right process then it's actually dead easy.

Geert