GNU cash crashes when I try to link an invoice to a payment on account

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Mar 27 03:34:43 EDT 2015

Please make sure to keep the conversations on the mailing list. You can
do so by using the "Reply to all" or "Reply to list" features of your
mail program.

On Thursday 26 March 2015 21:38:13 andy wrote:
> Hi Geert,
>
> thanks for getting back to me, sorry about my delay getting back to
> you.
>
> I couldn't find the trace file I guess as I'd used GNUcash a lot since
> then. So I tried to recreate the problem with a test set of accounts
> set up for the purpose.
>
> It didn't freeze this time just worked but did produce a trace file so
> I don't know if that helps I've included it below. If it does it
> again I know where the trace file is now so I'll send it to you.
>
> thanks andy
>
> * 21:26:26  WARN <gnc.backend.dbi> [gnc_module_init_backend_dbi()] No
> DBD drivers found * 21:26:34  WARN <gnc.python> Unable to initialize
> Python module (unable to open /usr/share/gnucash/python/init.py) *
> 21:30:18  CRIT <GLib> Source ID 9485 was not found when attempting to
> remove it * 21:30:21  CRIT <GLib> Source ID 9512 was not found when
> attempting to remove it * 21:32:12  CRIT <GLib> Source ID 10123 was
> not found when attempting to remove it * 21:32:55  CRIT <GLib>
> g_key_file_free: assertion 'key_file != NULL' failed * 21:32:55  CRIT
> <GLib> Source ID 13244 was not found when attempting to remove it
> On 24/03/15 15:08, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > On Tuesday 24 March 2015 12:15:43 andy wrote:

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the extra information. There are GLib warnings in the trace
file, but I believe these are unrelated.

Also if you can't reproduce the freeze, the trace file won't have any
traces related to it. To frame that correctly: I'm happy for you the
program no longer freezes. But if nothing changed it may happen again at
some random point in the future.

Should this be the case, feel free to post the trace file and also check
if the most recent transaction log file keeps increasing in size. That
last part is a good indicator for the bug that got fixed for gnucash
2.6.6.

Geert