creating QIF file under Dos using AWK

Edward Doolittle edward.doolittle at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 17:55:16 EDT 2015

I think Tommy means symbols that appear in some of your messages
illustrating fragments of QIF files. To us on the regular mailing list,
they look like they are decorated with asterisks and underscores. Derek
pointed out that the decorations are probably nabble's way of translating
bold and underlined text into plain ASCII.

piggyb, it would be better if you drew our attention to
parts of an example with <---------- SOMETHING LIKE THIS

BTW that quick Perl hack you included in your previous message is old news
... the Text::CSV version is much, much better. Best to just let ([^,]*),
business fade away ... there are some potential pitfalls that make me
nervous.