Transfer of .gnucash folder from SSD system disc to HDD data disc

Russellji russellji at outlook.com
Sun Mar 29 04:36:17 EDT 2015

Hello,

I am a newby to this forum and GnuCash.

I have recently upgraded to a new Windows 8.1 system with a SSD drive
devoted to programs and a HDD drive for data.  When I installed GnuCash, it
automatically placed the data files to C:\Users\Russellji even though I had
changed my library and user locations to the HDD previously.  In fact it
created the user Russellji as it had already been transferred to the HDD.

So I cut and pasted the GnuCash folder from c:users\Russellji\.gnucash to
D:\Users\Russellji\.gnucash and restarted the GnuCash program and it
recreated c:users\Russellji\.gnucash!

I have trawled the 'net for an answer, but could not find anything specific
to this problem.

Is there anyway of permanantly moving the data file so I can keep my SSD
pristine?

Thanks for the help.

Russellji