Transfer of .gnucash folder from SSD system disc to HDD data disc

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Sun Mar 29 11:29:20 EDT 2015

On Sun 29 March 15 10:54:38 L. D. James wrote:
> On 03/29/2015 10:35 AM, David Carlson wrote:
> > On 3/29/2015 5:20 AM, L. D. James wrote:
> >> Gnucash's data is located in one compressed file.  You can save or

<SNIP>

> I'm certain he was browsing his local space and felt his data files were
> in the directory he saw as .gnucash.

I'm just going to chime in here briefly - because it might be very relevant
for a newbie - at one time we (users) were told very strongly not to put our
data file in the .gnucash folder.  Or else we risked the data being eaten by
GC.  I'm not sure if that is still the case, but worth a mention, IMHO.

Just Sayin'
Maf.