Transfer of .gnucash folder from SSD system disc to HDD data disc

Mike or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at mtdata.com
Mon Mar 30 15:55:12 EDT 2015

On 3/30/2015 10:56 AM, L. D. James wrote:
> On 03/30/2015 09:44 AM, Mike or Penny Novack wrote:
>> We are having a problem, talking about different things

I'll stick with that.

It is another question entirely whether Russellji is experienced enough
to be trying to do what he says he is trying to do but he SAID that he
had moved /Users to a different drive, intending that only programs be
on the C drive. He didn't really tell us why, but I can easily imagine
scenarios where this might be important*. You say that you are a linux
user so the idea that different parts of the file system might reside in
different partitions should be familiar.

We need to first check, has he done that? (correctly)
If so, we need to figure out why gnucash isn't finding the (redefined)
location of /Users
    (note: this might be something as simple as having been installed
and used while /Users was still on the C drive)

Michael

* Example --- the C drive is a very fast solid state drive but of rather
limited size but the D drive is a large ordinary hard drive.