How to delete credit notes

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Mar 30 15:56:59 EDT 2015

On Monday 30 March 2015 19:17:06 Antonio Roberts wrote:
> I accidentally created a bunch of credit notes (somehow by unposting
> then posting a bill this happened).
>
> Is there a way that I can delete these?
>
> Thanks
>
> Antonio

Hi Antonio,

This FAQ entry also counts for credit notes:
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_can_I_delete_an_Invoice.2C_Customer.2C_Vendor.2C_or_Employee.3F

Are you sure however you are looking at "Credit Notes" ? When you unpost
a paid bill the payment will show op as a pre-payment in the Payment
window. This is however not the same as a credit note.

When you repost the bill, you can link that pre-payment again to the
bill as follows:
1. Open Vendor->Process Payment...
2. Select the vendor
3. Select both the bill and the pre-payment. If you didn't change the
bill's total amount when it was unposted, they should still offset each
other nicely, so the net amount still to pay should be 0.
4. Adjust any other settings as needed and click ok.

Regards,

Geert