Source for (historic) Deposits to Checking account with almost no information

Michael Wagner mikepwagner at mikepwagner.net
Mon Mar 30 18:37:00 EDT 2015

I am starting to use gnucash mid-year, and I am trying to enter all the
transactions since 1/1/2015.

Most of the deposits to my checking account are pretty straightforward -
salary, re-reimbursements, etc.

But every once in a while, my wife has made a deposit about which I have no
information other than the amount and the date. In the future,
we will record the information  more carefully, but for right now, what do
I use as the source for that deposit?

I don't to track it all that closely, it's a paltry amount.

Is the best thing to do to create some kind of Equity::MysteriousDeposits
account, and use that for the source?

Thanks,

Mike

"After I read the name Zarathustra in the anti-Semitic *Correspondence* my
forbearance came to an end. I am now in a position of *emergency defense*
against your spouse's Party. These accursed anti-Semite deformities *shall
not* sully my ideal!!"  - Friedrich Nietzsche, draft for a letter to his
sister