Imputed Income on (US) paycheck stub

AC gnucash at acarver.net
Tue Mar 31 19:27:53 EDT 2015

I'm ok with calling them withdrawl, deposit, etc. :)  I don't need to
stay rigid and true to accounting principles, I just want to keep track
of my personal finances and make sure I haven't misplaced some money (or
had it taken).  I tried your same suggestion way back then, too, it
didn't help then when I was in the middle of it.  The problem was always
trying to remember debit is an increase in certain types of accounts and
a decrease in others and the similar idea for credit.  Left or right
didn't matter, it was just trying to keep the sign of the operations
straight.

As for my withholdings, it may be my money but until tax time I don't
have it in front of me so it's not useful to me.  It's just easier to
record them as expenses (the money is gone) and then when I file and get
my refund, I just put that as a deposit in the checking account.  I
don't need the complexity of an extra middle-man account, not trying to
be that detailed.