Report of expense account under income account

Diego eldieguisimo at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 12:17:45 EDT 2015

I am trying to get the "Expense Piechart" report for all expenses in the
following structure:

Events (income)
      Event1  (income)
            income  (income)
            expenses  (expense)
      Event2 (income)
            income (income)
            expenses (expense)

When I try to run the report it says:

"No data
The selected accounts contain no data/transactions (or only zeroes) for
the selected time period "

If I change Events to be an "Expense" account instead of "Income", it
does generate the report correctly. Is this the expected behavior?

I still need to keep Events, Event1, and Event2 as income accounts (for
other reports, and the "signs" of numbers in different contexts).

I'm running Gnucash 2.6.5 under FC20.

Thank you,
Diego