Downloading transactions from USAA

David Reiser dbreiser at icloud.com
Sat May 9 16:00:39 EDT 2015

> On May 9, 2015, at 2:25 PM, Charles B. Cameron <Charles.B.Cameron at CardinalConcern.com> wrote:
>
> I have been able to download transactions into GnuCash from USAA for several years, but this stopped working on April 24.  What could account for this unwelcome and unexpected change in behavior?  Here is a log showing what happens now:
>
> 14:22:08 Sending request...
> 14:22:08 Connecting to server...
> 14:22:08 Resolving hostname "service2.usaa.com" ...
> 14:22:09 IP address is "23.11.133.208"
> 14:22:09 Connecting to "service2.usaa.com"
> 14:22:09 Connected to "service2.usaa.com"
> 14:22:09 Connected.
> 14:22:09 Sending message...
> 14:22:09 Message sent.
> 14:22:09 Waiting for response...
> 14:22:09 Receiving response...
> 14:22:10 HTTP-Status: 400 (Bad Request)
> 14:22:10 Operation finished, you can now close this window.
>
> Any help would be gratefully accepted.

You might have run afoul of Intuit’s sunsetting rules at the bank. Check to see that AqBanking is sending a current-enough version number for the connection software.

In Tools>Online Banking Setup…
Click Forward
Click Start AqBanking Wizard
pick your USAA user from the list of users in the next window, and click Edit User
select the Applications Settings tab in the next dialog
and make sure the Application Version is high enough.

2300 works for me, but I don’t think that’s this year’s Quicken version. But anything that is newer than 3 years old ought to keep USAA’s server from complaining (if that’s the problem with your connections).

Dave