Tracking dividends by stock in reports

Chris Szilagyi chris at apex-internet.com
Sat May 9 17:18:00 EDT 2015

> This is exactly what I was looking for.  I was reading the docs, and
> trying to see if I could get it to work but I realized I'm only on
> GnuCash 2.6.3, so it didn't seem to be working.  Just curious though,
> in my case I have a structure similar to this:
>
> Assets:Broker A:Widget Stock
> Income:Dividends:Broker A:Widget Stock
>
> Assets:Broker B:Widget Stock
> Income:Dividends:Broker A:Widget Stock
>
> Where the stock is the same one but held in two different broker
> accounts.  Will this new way work?  And if not is there a way to edit
> the report to make it work?

I just upgraded to 2.6.6 today, and it appears that the dividends are
found in the corresponding income accounts, without having to enter in
the extra dummy splits!  And even better it's finding them with the
structure I mentioned where I have the same stocks in more than one
broker account.  Each is shown separately on the Advanced Portfolio
report.  This is great news.  Thanks for reply and the information.
Great stuff.

--
Chris