Cannot determine where files are saved.

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun May 10 13:19:33 EDT 2015

> On May 10, 2015, at 9:25 AM, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:
> On 05/10/2015 12:13 PM, John Ralls wrote:
>>> On May 10, 2015, at 7:46 AM, Richard Barmann <dick at stripingthetown.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> When I open Gnucash I get file not found. I have to search for the .gnucash file. Why does it not find and open the last file?
>>> Thank you.
>> How are you opening GnuCash and on what operating system?
> I am using Xfce bacause I cannot get Kubuntu to install. I go to Office.Gnucash to open and it points to the correct path. I find now if I click on open anyway it wi open Gnucash with the correct file.

Ah, that’s different. That’s not “file not found”, it’s “file locked”, which means either that you have another instance of GnuCash running or that GnuCash didn’t shut down correctly, i.e. crashed, the last time you had the file open. Make sure that you don’t in fact have already have GnuCash open on that file. If not, and you consistently get the “file locked” dialog box, then you need to investigate further why GnuCash isn’t shutting down correctly.

Regards,
John Ralls