What do you do with old uncleared transactions?

Alice Lee alee212007 at satx.rr.com
Wed May 13 00:55:35 EDT 2015

Instead of voiding the transaction, you should reverse the transaction in
the current period.  Then you can clear both transactions because they
offset one another.  If you void a transaction that is several years old,
you change the balance for all succeeding periods so that reports that you
have run will not have the correct balance.

-----Original Message-----
From: gnucash-user
[mailto:gnucash-user-bounces+alee212007=satx.rr.com at gnucash.org] On Behalf
Of John Dablin
Sent: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:45 PM
To: gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Subject: Re: What do you do with old uncleared transactions?

On 12/05/15 22:29, Maf. King wrote:
> On Tue 12 May 15 22:16:46 John Dablin wrote:
>> Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you 'void' a transaction?
>> I've an  uncleared cheque from several years ago which will never be 
>> paid in now, but it still sits there forlornly waiting to be reconciled.
> Hi John,
> Make sure you are in the relevant account register view, with the 
> cursor in the  transaction in question.
> Transaction Menu -> Void Transaction
> HTH.
> Maf.
Wow! So easy, thank you very much.

gnucash-user mailing list
gnucash-user at gnucash.org
Please remember to CC this list on all your replies.
You can do this by using Reply-To-List or Reply-All.

More information about the gnucash-user mailing list