Gnu Cash v.2.6.5 Difficulties with Cash Flow report not picking up correct expenditure amounts already inputted correctly in the accounts

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Mon May 18 18:18:14 EDT 2015

Mon, 18 May 2015 14:56:38
<CAMq+Ek6nkhe1nv0WJ65ePADqbWGth_7a97W4_9WO5PSXZA=25g at mail.gmail.com>
Miles Baker <mcfbaker at gmail.com>

>Hi I am having problems with my cash flow report.  I am writing a set of
>accounts in several different currencies and have accurately put all of the
>information into the parent tree but for some reason the cash flow report
>is not recording the correct expenditure which is showing up in the P&L ok.

The cash flow report isn't as easy to understand as a P&L and I don't
expect them to balance as they're measuring different things.

e.g. the payment of a credit card liability affects cash flow but not
P&L as the expense is recorded separately and previously.

throw in an exchange rate difference between the expense and the
settlement of the liability and you should be wondering why they would
match at all.

Unless you are doing very strict cash only accounting your cash flow and
P&L *shouldn't* match for any given period and even if it did your Euro
position vs your USD position is unlikely to be exactly the same except
for brief moments once converted to your base currency.

Does that answer your query?

--
Wm...