FW: Import QIF files from Quicken

Brian Harris general at noremac.org.uk
Mon May 18 08:01:03 EDT 2015

Is anyone able to help please?

  _____

From: Brian Harris [mailto:general at noremac.org.uk]
Sent: 09 May 2015 20:44
To: 'David Carlson'
Subject: RE: Import QIF files from Quicken

Hello David

Thank you for your suggestions on transferring QIF files from Quicken to
GNUcash.  I have tried this and have run into a further problem.  Choosing
one of my smallest files I set up an export as suggested, see enclosed
screenshot.  One of the questions in quicken is which file should I transfer
the data to and it allowed me to choose a file name of "Andrew".  However
when I opened GNUcash I was unable to find the data I tried to export - see
enclosed screenshot.  Do I need to set up an account in GNUcash called
Andrew before exporting the data?  If so please point me in the right
direction for this as in GNUcash, opening "File" and then "New File" does
not appear to give you the option of naming that file.

Kind regards

Brian Harris

  _____