Gnu Cash v.2.6.5 Difficulties with Cash Flow report not picking up correct expenditure amounts already inputted correctly in the accounts

Miles Baker mcfbaker at gmail.com
Tue May 19 05:09:21 EDT 2015

Hi Maf

Thanks for your swift response.

I think the problem with the Flow related to the first 6 months of the
business when there was no money coming in and there was no cash in the
business.  For this period I have expended money from the current account
against various account names but depending on who paid of each item I
created a credit for the relevant directors loans to cancel out the
expenses.  At the end of this 6 month period the current account shows a
zero balance all paid for by the directors loans.  The date that the
director loan cancels out the total expenditure for each director (several
account names) may differ from the date the expenditure was incurred it
could affect the exchange rates slightly.  Is there any way to reduce this
complexity?

With the unrealized loss I think this is also a currency issue but it would
be nice to be able to see the 'black box' calculations behind it.

With the assets I will expense them as they depreciate in due course.

Best regards

MB