Weird -1/0 exchange rates appear from time to time

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Wed May 20 16:38:30 EDT 2015

Wed, 20 May 2015 09:08:42
<0C7FD2AC-EBBD-4845-9D36-3AA55417EB17 at yahoo.com>  David T.
<sunfish62 at yahoo.com>

I don't top post as a rule, David T.

John,

The OP also said
===
I notice it when my file is processed by a separate tool, which
(understandably, IMO) fails when it encounters this exchange rate.
===
Notice "seperate tool"

So, do I have to dig backwards through the quotes now?

>John,
>
>A check of the UAH currency code shows that it is for the Ukrainian
>Hryvnia. The Wikipedia article for UAH says that it was discontinued in
>2014, but exchange sources still list it, so Wikipedia may be mistaken.
>Those exchange sources indicate that 1 Hryvnia is currently worth .048
>USD.

Which ones ?

>What I think is odd is that Paul says this entry cropped up in the last
>30 days, but the price:time value is 2012-05-27.

Maybe he bought forward?

>David
>
>On May 20, 2015, at 7:10 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>>> On May 20, 2015, at 4:36 AM, Paul Salmon <paul.b.salmon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't figure out what causes this, but these entries find their way
>>> into my GnuCash file from time to time. Here's one that appeared
>>> within the last 30 days:
>>>
>>> <price>
>>>   <price:id type="guid">d8925eb5c06f2bfa4287f7b25b315605</price:id>
>>>   <price:commodity>
>>>     <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
>>>     <cmdty:id>USD</cmdty:id>
>>>   </price:commodity>
>>>   <price:currency>
>>>     <cmdty:space>ISO4217</cmdty:space>
>>>     <cmdty:id>UAH</cmdty:id>
>>>   </price:currency>
>>>   <price:time>
>>>     <ts:date>2012-05-27 00:00:00 +0300</ts:date>

that does look wrong

>>>   </price:time>
>>>   <price:source>user:xfer-dialog</price:source>

I think the clue there is a human doing something rather than a price
fetch from a bourse.

>>>   <price:value>-1/0</price:value>

as does that

>>> </price>

>>> Most of the time the ts:date is a recent one, so this one is extra weird.
>>>
>>> I notice it when my file is processed by a separate tool, which
>>> (understandably, IMO) fails when it encounters this exchange rate.
What seperate tool?

--
Wm...