my trip to Austria...

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 3 09:49:58 EST 2015

Hi,

FYI, what I do when I travel is I translate everything back to USD, even
when I use foreign cash.  I maintain a set of "foreign cash" accounts
that are all denominated in USD.  I keep track of the amount of foreign
currency (and exchange rates) in the transaction descriptions.

Sure, it makes it a bit harder for me to see at a glance how many EUR I
still have in my posession, but that's okay.  When I get back from my
trip I reconcile that account and manually enter another transaction
with the latest balance and exchange rate.

This process works for me.

-derek