Problems Running gnuCash in Mint 17.2

iconit at comcast.net iconit at comcast.net
Mon Nov 2 12:30:32 EST 2015

Hi,

I have been using gnuCash for about 5 years now and I use if for my personal finances, not for business purposes.

When I upgraded to Linux Mint 17.x I went to the 64 bit version of the OS. Every since then I have had problems with gnuCash. The two biggest problems have been that 1) the program runs real slow and 2) resizing the columns in the accounts is next to impossible, I have somehow hidden the Withdrawal column in the Checking Account and can't unhide it and the Description column takes up about half the width of the screen.

The Software Manager Linux offers only install gnuCash 2.6.1 so that is what I am using. I have a Windows PC running the 64 bit version of Windows (8.1 and now 10) and I have had no problems with them. I installed the 2.6.9 on the Windows PC and it works great. My only problems seem to be with the Linux version of gnuCash. Is the problem the 64 bit OS or is it something else? Is there something I can do to fix this?

My Linux box is my primary PC and I find I am only turning on my Windows PC to use gnuCash. I would like to get away from Windows altogether.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brad