new year

Gary Holtum diamondhranchqh at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 8 20:32:32 EST 2015

I use it for tax prep as well as personal accounting. It is most convenient to have a separate file for a tax year.

I used a high end windows program since win 95. Finally, Win7 will not load it even as an XP simulation. So, now I am trying Gnucash.  The other program would close a year and start a new year file with necessary balances. All payee and payer data saved as well.

Looks like I have to start from scratch with empty accounts.

BTW, I know exactly when I purchase items like a washing machine. I have a file for it with warranty info, store invoice, competitive quotes etc.

Gary