understanding currency exchange...

Cheryl Wheeler c_wheeler_2002 at yahoo.ca
Wed Nov 11 08:10:12 EST 2015

Someone more knowledgeable, please correct me if this is not relevant,
but:  I assume that the currency of Assets:Holdings:Cash:Euros is Euros;
what is the currency of the higher-level accounts, Assets,
Assets:Holdings, and Assets:Holdings:Cash? If not Euros, then maybe that
is the issue. It's my understanding that a top-level account and all of
its sub-accounts should be in the same currency. Personally, I handle
this with top-level accounts named "Assets Currency1" and "Assets
Currency2", and duplicate the sub-accounts as needed. Transfers between
them work well for me.

   Cheryl