History Quotes

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 14 03:25:14 EST 2015

Tk26saEMw at mail.gmail.com>
> Sébastien de Menten <sdementen at gmail.com> wrote...
>
>> As a python user, you may be interested by piecash (
>> https://github.com/sdementen/piecash), a python library to work with
>> gnucash books.
>> There is an example of script to import into/export from a book the
prices
>> in CSV format.
>> There is also a Commodity.update_prices function that import history of
>> prices from yahoo or quandl.
>
> To avoid confusion (I think Sebastien knows this) 2.6.9 isn't exporting
prices from XML to SQL so some extra thought will be required if the OP
chooses this way today and is using XML.

I didn't know that, tx for the clarification. So if someone goes from sql
to xml or vice versa, the list of prices if dropped, do I understand
correctly ?

> P.S. Sebastien: I've been meaning to get around to writing to you about
piecash and pandas and reporting because I'm seeing lots of potential
there, but that is another thread.

P.S. Wm : I was just thinking on working a bit today on exactly this !
Pandas would be a boon as base for some reporting/charting once we can get
the account/transaction info combined/joined with the price info.