Reconcile window opens invisible on El Capitan

David Bergum dib at red-sky.us
Mon Nov 16 07:28:48 EST 2015

I am running gnucash 2.6.9 on Mac OS 10.11.1 on a MacBook Pro with an external monitor.  I have gnuCash opening on my primary display.  When I open the reconcile function, the window briefly flashes on the primary display and then disappears.  It is being displayed somewhere off the displays.   If I launch Mission Control, I can see both windows and they reposition as a pair, which is quite different from other apps windows.

When I move them to the external (secondary) display, the reconcile window is repositioned to the upper left of the main accounts window.  It took me quite a while the first time to figure out how to coerce the reconcile window into the visible universe.  If I move the windows independently in Mission Control, the reconcile window remains invisible.

This may be an issue with gtk on Mac?

I'm mentioning this jic another user stumbles onto it.

Thanks and regards,
Dave