Reconcile window opens invisible on El Capitan

David Bergum dib at red-sky.us
Tue Nov 17 21:39:35 EST 2015

> On Nov 17, 2015, at 10:45, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
> Since we don’t call set_transient_for() on our dialogs, Gtk puts them at monitor coordinates 0,0. I wonder if those coordinates might be off-screen in your case: You said “upper” monitor, suggesting that your secondary is positioned on top of your primary in Display Settings>Layout (from memory, I’m on my MBA right now). Perhaps your secondary is wider than your primary so the upper left corner of the primary isn’t 0,0. If that sounds plausible to you, try changing the monitor layout so that they’re side-by-side and see if that makes the dialog box visible without repositioning it.

My external monitor is above my builtin, and slightly to the right, probably making 0,0 to the left of the external monitor.  This shows the arrangement setting:

	https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/89166116/Screen%20Shot%202015-11-14%20at%2012.11.36.png

With this setup, my mouse runs continuously from my internal display to the external display, just because of the physical orientation.

And yes, it is the staring parameters window associated with the reconcile action.

David Bergum					<dib at red-sky.us>
2415 Saint Pauls Square			218-206-2133 Skype
Raleigh, NC  27614				612-723-7135 cell