reporting, again aka python for people (was: History Quotes)

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 00:45:11 EST 2015

On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 3:35 PM, Wm... <tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Sat, 14 Nov 2015 09:25:14 <CAB2pxDszjd=
> 8paSWti5OjXKwZxK_99j8Mod6P9bHpX5P_29fJg at mail.gmail.com>
> Sébastien de Menten <sdementen at gmail.com> wrote...
>
> Wm:
> > P.S. Sebastien: I've been meaning to get around to writing to you
> > about piecash and pandas and reporting because I'm seeing lots of
> > potential there, but that is another thread.
>
> [same thread, change of Subject, if it is new or not depends on your
> threading model]
>
> P.S. Wm : I was just thinking on working a bit today on exactly this !
> Pandas would be a boon as base for some reporting/charting once we can get
> the account/transaction info combined/joined with the price info.

piecash 0.10 has been just released with the ability to get all
transactions/splits and prices into neat pandas DataFrames.

You can see an example of a usage of these dataframes to do basic reporting
here :
https://nbviewer.jupyter.org/github/sdementen/piecash/blob/master/examples/ipython/piecash_dataframes.ipynb

I put the piecash google groups in CC so that further discussions specific
to piecash can be held there instead of on the gnucash ML.