location of files when I click "save"

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 16:38:13 EST 2015

On 19 November 2015 at 21:20, Marc Sopher <mdsophermd at comcast.net> wrote:
> Help, please.  I inadvertently changed where my GnuCash files go when I click “save,” and now cannot find those files.

When you click Save it will always just overwrite the file that you
have opened.  Do you mean you want to change the default folder when
you click Save As?

>  When I open GnuCash, there are no accounts listed now—previously there were 2, for Home and Office.  Could someone please tell me how I can correct this?  I tried “restore previous versions” but that did not fix the problem.  If this does get resolved, how do I reset where the files get saved to, so this does not happen again?

Search your PC for the file named
whatever-you-called-it-when-you-saved-it  (probably something.gnucash
unless you asked for a different extension).  Possibly something like
home.gnucash.  How you search for files depends on your operating
system.

If using Ubuntu then probably something like
locate *.gnucash
would find them.

Colin