Check & repair - many trading account imbalances

kyomar markus1611 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 01:48:09 EST 2015

Hi, I am using GnuCash since 2009 and I am still very happy with it and how
it evolved. At the moment I am running 2.6.4 on debian 8.2.
I have this issue with entering transactions in foreign currencies and I
have posted this
http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Bug-Trading-accounts-wrong-currency-amount-td4671281.html
a while ago but couldn't resolve it fully and just let it go for a while.
As I want to clean up my system I have run the check & repair full and the
results are many imbalances in the trading accounts. I try to explain it as
clear as possible (I am not native English speaking, so please be patient).
Following example shows one transaction with the imbalance problem. The base
currency is JPY and the account currency is AUD (The transactions date back
to 2009 until mid 2011, after this no problems).
1) Before check & repair:
Assets:Savings           735.97
Trading:Currency:JPY  60.774
Revenues:Interest:JPY          60.774
Trading:Currency:AUD           735.97

2) After check & repair:
Assets:Savings           735.97
Trading:Currency:JPY  60.774
Imbalance-AUD           4.969.024.12
Revenues:Interest:JPY          60.774
Trading:Currency:AUD           4.969.024.12

I then tried to edit the Trading:Currency:AUD amount to 735.97 and deleted
the Imbalance: AUD transaction. After hitting enter I am getting the same
result again as shown in 2).

How can I make this transactions balanced? Any help would be very much
appreciated.

Thank you!