Cash and Carry Retail activities

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Thu Nov 26 05:55:20 EST 2015

On Wed 25 November 15 23:10:32 Robert Menschel wrote:

> But when we sell something through the Internet (payment by credit card
> or PayPal), we effectively receive payment immediately. There is no
> receivable from the customer.  We should be able to post the Payment
> from a Customer as a transaction posting to an Income account (Sales
> Revenue) and an Asset account (PayPal), without any reference to an
> invoice.
>
> Is there a method of doing so?

Hi Robert,

The customer tracking in GC is all or nothing - you can't have a "normal"
transaction associate with a customer, if you want that level of detail you
have to go the whole hog and create invoice & post payment....

If you aren't too bothered about tracking the paypal by individual customer,
then you can just go ahead and directly enter a transaction between income &
paypal accounts, but you would have to use the notes field to record the
customer's details.

HTH,
Maf.