Check & repair - many trading account imbalances

Ian K ik522000 at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 28 06:52:56 EST 2015

As far as I know, the upside-down bug doesn't appear until 2.6.8 and 2.6.9,
so I don't think that is where the problem is.
It's possible that some previously stored exchange rate or autofill is
confuising things.
So I would suggest to go a bit further:
- Delete the transaction(s) causing the problem. Make sure any splits in the
Trading Accounts and Imbalance Account have been deleted.
- If the Imbalance Account has no other transactions in it (i.e. GnuCash
only created it when this problem arised) delete the account.
- Open the Price Editor and delete any prices for the date of the
transaction. Check if any other ones look odd and delete or amend them.
- Input the transaction again, but use a different Description so that
autofill does not do anything.