Importing into stock type gnucash accounts...

Allan allanhasmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 1 15:51:11 EDT 2015

I upgraded from 2.6.1 to 2.6.8 which I just installed from the getdeb
archive. The advanced portfolio report doesn't allow including the
Income:Dividend:<ticker> accounts in the income. The only way income is
included is to use the empty security account split line to tie it into
the report.

I see for basis calculations, it allows for avg, LIFO, FIFO but no way
to use specific lot identification. Perhaps you could create separate
accounts for each lot?

The beginning date range for the advanced portfolio report seems to be
fixed at a beginning of the current year. ? This is a huge limitation.

As for a way to get i.e. dividend data in without keyboarding
everything, I can import into a cash account without the empty security
account split line which can be added manually.

The tool at:
XLSM2QIF
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Import-Export-64-bit-Excel-QIF-XML-GnuCash-td4680333.html>
<http://gnucash.1415818.n4.nabble.com/Re-XLSM2QIF-Import-Export-64-bit-Excel-QIF-XML-GnuCash-td4680402.html>
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Published_tools

is improved to allow splits, and produces this QIF for the said dividend
entry, however, GC 2.6.8 crashes during the import (at the account
matching stage IIRC):

!Type:Cash
D01/04/2015
U37.41
T37.41
PMDU
MCash Div on 205 at .1825 per share
LIncome:Dividend:MDU
SIncome:Dividend:MDU
ECash Div on 205 at .1825 per share
$37.41
SAssets:Investments:Stock:MDU
$
^

Thanks David and everyone for your suggestions and help!!! I much
appreciate it!

Allan