Report generation query

Michelle michelle at msknight.com
Fri Oct 2 00:58:14 EDT 2015

hi Folks,

I'm scratching my head on a reporting issue I've got, and I need help
please.

My gnucash accounts go back to 2003. Currently using version 2.6.1 rev
built 2014-02-19 as it's what comes with Mint. (I know, several packages
on this distro are a little behind.)

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and recently I've been ramping down my
purchases. I have catagories for the various bits I buy, like DVD's,
Books, computer bits, etc. but obviously I buy that stuff from different
places.

What I'd like to do is pull up a report, with an annual total, against
the account detail, "Amazon" ... so I can find out how much I've spent
there on an annual basis going back throughout my whole history.

How do I do that please?

I've got a feeling that last time I did this, which was a few years
ago ... that I sorted the account by the description and did a
copy/paste in to a spreadsheet.