Report generation query

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Fri Oct 2 03:45:21 EDT 2015

On Friday 02 October 2015 05:58:14 Michelle wrote:
> hi Folks,
>
> I'm scratching my head on a reporting issue I've got, and I need help
> please.
>
> My gnucash accounts go back to 2003. Currently using version 2.6.1 rev
> built 2014-02-19 as it's what comes with Mint. (I know, several
> packages on this distro are a little behind.)
>
> I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and recently I've been ramping down
> my purchases. I have catagories for the various bits I buy, like
> DVD's, Books, computer bits, etc. but obviously I buy that stuff from
> different places.
>
> What I'd like to do is pull up a report, with an annual total, against
> the account detail, "Amazon" ... so I can find out how much I've
> spent there on an annual basis going back throughout my whole
> history.
>
> How do I do that please?

The way to do this is to search for the information you want first in an account register or from
the account hierarchy page. You can search via the menu option Edit->Find.

There you define what you want to search for (for example "Description" equals "Amazon").

This will open a new register page with the search results. From this page you can then run an
"Account Report", which you can find in the Reports menu.

Does this help ?

Regards,

Geert