GnuCash 2.6.8 released

Wm... tcnw81 at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 1 17:24:21 EDT 2015

Wed, 30 Sep 2015 11:16:09 <sjmpp10rl8m.fsf at securerf.ihtfp.org>
Derek Atkins <warlord at MIT.EDU> wrote...

>Steve <butterandsalt at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Ok, so I just upgraded.  Using Windows 10.
>>
>> Everything seems to work ok, except for one thing.
>>
>> When I go to try and save the data file using "Save As" off the File Menu,
>> I'm unsuccessful, eg it hangs up with "Not responding" after I click the
>> "Save As" command, and I have to kill the program.  Have tried it multiple
>> times and same thing happens.  Have never had a problem previously saving
>> the data file under another name.  Any ideas?
>
>Someone came into IRC with the same complaint (I don't remember if they
>said what version of Windows).  I suggested trying 2.6.7, but they
>downgraded all the way to 2.4.15, so I didn't get a good test from
>them.  :(

Having seen the postings just above I tested and can confirm a problem
with Save As

OS Win8.1

SaveAs xml      hangs, not responding
SaveAs sqlite3  ditto

*but*

SaveAs postgres works [1]

[1] server running on the same Win8.1 system

that would suggest a Win file system issue rather than a generic SaveAs
on Win issue.

The kill also leaves the originally opened file in an uncertain state
after termination which may be disconcerting if transactions have been
entered before SaveAs rather than my test Open, SaveAs sequence.

I think this might necessitate another build :(

--
Wm...