Hang when saving a new file

Shrikant Sharat shrikantsharat.k at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 02:36:51 EDT 2015

Hello everyone!

I'm new to GnuCash (and personal finance management tools in general).
I'm trying to use it on Win7, 64bit.

GnuCash hangs when I try to save a new file. Here's the steps I took:

1. Download and installed the latest stable GnuCash (2.6.8) from gnucash.org.
2. Start GnuCash and go to File/New which opens up a wizard.
3. I just clicked Next, Next and Next accepting all the defaults then
tried to save with a file named `main` in xml format.
4. When I click on the "Save As" button, the application stops
responding and I have to force kill it. The "Save As" button itself
gets stuck in a pressed-state.

I tried google to find some help on this but couldn't find anything.
If anyone has experience in this area, I'd really appreciate your
help. Thank you.

--
Shrikant.