GnuCash 2.6.9 released

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Oct 7 20:31:57 EDT 2015

> On Oct 7, 2015, at 3:12 PM, Godaddy Personal <dave at davegillam.org> wrote:
>
> If he was lucky, so was I.  ;-)
>
> Perhaps John (or whoever was working on the code) got lucky and solved the El Capitan problem without realizing it.

Yes, the El Cap problem is fixed on 2.6.9, though not by luck. I changed compilers for 2.6.8 from Xcode 3’s llvm-gcc to “real” gcc-4.2 in the same Xcode because of a GLib memory management issue with llvm-gcc. That seems to cause Guile to have problems, though only on El Cap, so I switched back for 2.6.9. Turns out that gcc-4.2 causes a different memory management issue in GLib too, though it doesn’t seem to impact GnuCash.

Regards,
John Ralls