Can the icon for Close and delete be different ?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 17:21:48 EDT 2015

On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 3:56 PM, Thelma Sabim <thelma at thelmasabim.com>
 wrote:

> Hi Tommy,
> I am running Linux Mint Debian 1.
> There are two "X"... one grey for Close and the red for Delete the current
> transaction.
> Many times when I want to close the page I ended up clicking on the red
> "X" and deleted the transaction. Maybe a different icon for "close" will
> help daltonic people since the "X" look the same.
>
> Yes, there is a circle for Cancel the current transaction... Maybe in the
> newer version the red "X" was removed.
>
> I am planning to update to LM Debian 2 and after that I will do the same
> for GnuCash.
>
> Thank you for answering.

I just noticed in another question you're running GnuCash 2.4.13. The icons
very well might look different just by upgrading to GnuCash 2.6.x -- the
latest version is 2.6.9, which is probably too new to be in Debian yet,
though I am almost certain 2.6.8 is in Debian Testing. I suspect you need
to get GnuCash 2.6.x packages from a different repository -- your version
of Mint must be based on (what used to be called) Debian "Stable" because
the 2.4.x versions are pretty old at this point. (Not that they weren't
good.)

If you don't want to learn to download and compile the latest GnuCash
yourself with each release, you might check with Mint folks to learn how to
activate a "fresher" Debian repository and "pin" newer GnuCash packages in
your system so you can get the latest accounting software without
sacrificing the Debian stability you were probably striving for when you
installed Mint Debian Edition. The technique is called "apt pinning."