QFX imports for Investment accounts

Al atrud at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 12:28:28 EDT 2015

David.
Thanks for your help.  Status is my base account was and is correctly set, double checked. My brokerage account was and is a 'bank' type, and I moved it under investments. So to recap.....I import QFX and I immediately get a 'New Account' pop up ( although the stock in this window already preexists). I link it to the brokerage account, click OK, and I go to the matching window with the 'New Account' showing green. I accept and I get the 'New Account' in the correct brokerage account.
If I then delete this 'New Account' and move its contents to the account that this operation should have added its info to in the fist place, I get a proper import without the commission detail but the dollars are in fact spot on, ( the commission is included in the value posted). So this is survivable but I wonder if the authors know about this anomaly. Is this a bug or just immature code? I must admit when I QIF'ed my accounts over from Quicken, I was impressed.......accurate and complete.....sweet.

I may revisit the CSV import but my past experience was a total failure. I couldn't get past the error saying something about not enough columns set or date format wrong, really gave my keyboard a reason to explode.

Again thank you
Al