Importing 401k mutual fund purchases

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 15:17:01 EDT 2015

Ben,

I concur with David T.  Before my wife retired she had a similar
situation.  I created a typical bi-weekly transaction pair similar to his
proposal, and manually duplicated them, updating the actual shares each
time.  It was a pain, but it got the job done with few errors, and those
were my own keystroke errors.

While OFX can theoretically handle multi-account investment or banking
imports in a single file, I do not think that anyone has published a
conversion utility that would work with GnuCash.

David C