Can't cut/paste invoice notes on OSX 2.6.9

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 27 11:48:10 EDT 2015

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Larry Fahnoe <fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com> wrote:
>
> Since I'm now seeing more discussion involving OSX, do other OSX users
> run into the issue I've outlined below?
>
> --Larry
>
> On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:17:43PM -0500, Larry Fahnoe wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am fairly new to using GnuCash and have 2.6.9 running on OS X
>> Yosemite 10.10.5.  I downloaded the binary from gnucash.org and the
>> About dialog shows "built from rev 4241505+ on 2015-10-05"
>>
>> When I create a new invoice, I can paste into the notes field, however
>> once the invoice is open (in the Edit Invoice tab), the Edit menu
>> items and their keyboard equivalents do not allow cutting or pasting
>> in the invoice Notes field (upper right).  I can update and highlight
>> the notes, but just can't cut/paste.  Cut/paste do work on other
>> invoice fields (for example Description).
>>
>> Time to file a bug report?

Yes, I can replicate it. The notes field has a context menu which overrides the menu bar Edit. On MacOS X that prevents the Menu Bar Edit from operating and since the Cmd-V is a shortcut for the Menu Bar Edit blocks that, too. It’s one of the unfortunate mismatches between OS X and Gtk+.

The work-around is to use the context menu, which is accessed by control-click and its equivalents for two-button mice and trackpads.

Regards,
John Ralls