Can't cut/paste invoice notes on OSX 2.6.9

Larry Fahnoe fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
Wed Oct 28 09:17:45 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 08:48:10AM -0700, John Ralls wrote:

> > On Oct 27, 2015, at 7:55 AM, Larry Fahnoe <fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com> wrote:
> >
> > Since I'm now seeing more discussion involving OSX, do other OSX users
> > run into the issue I've outlined below?
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 18, 2015 at 12:17:43PM -0500, Larry Fahnoe wrote:
> >> Hello,
> >>
> >> I am fairly new to using GnuCash and have 2.6.9 running on OS X
> >> Yosemite 10.10.5.  I downloaded the binary from gnucash.org and the
> >> About dialog shows "built from rev 4241505+ on 2015-10-05"
> >>
> >> When I create a new invoice, I can paste into the notes field, however
> >> once the invoice is open (in the Edit Invoice tab), the Edit menu
> >> items and their keyboard equivalents do not allow cutting or pasting
> >> in the invoice Notes field (upper right).  I can update and highlight
> >> the notes, but just can't cut/paste.  Cut/paste do work on other
> >> invoice fields (for example Description).
> >>
> >> Time to file a bug report?
> >>

> Yes, I can replicate it. The notes field has a context menu which overrides the menu bar Edit. On MacOS X that prevents the Menu Bar Edit from operating and since the Cmd-V is a shortcut for the Menu Bar Edit blocks that, too. It’s one of the unfortunate mismatches between OS X and Gtk+.
>
> The work-around is to use the context menu, which is accessed by control-click and its equivalents for two-button mice and trackpads.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Thanks John, very helpful to learn about this context menu.  After a
quick test, it seems to work just fine to allow the standard editing
operations in the invoice notes field.  Now it's just a matter of
remembering to ctrl-click to get to it!

--Larry

--
Larry Fahnoe, Fahnoe Technology Consulting, fahnoe at FahnoeTech.com
           Minneapolis, Minnesota       www.FahnoeTech.com