Guile API

Alex Weiss alexweiss at theplate.com
Thu Oct 29 11:04:40 EDT 2015

I was considering scripting GnuCash using its Guile API rather that it's Python API?  Am I crazy to assume that the Guile API is as rich an the Python API?

The first stumbling block I have noticed is simply creating what the Python API calls a "session" - a connection to gnucash will allows for the input and retrieval of GnuCash data. The Python API Session object seems to wraps the c functions: qof_session_new, qof_session_begin, and qof_session_load. The swig interface I found does not seem to export these out as Guile procedures.

Any advice on using the Guile API in general or how to create a session using Guile in particular?

- Alex