Budget, expense issue

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 29 22:34:14 EDT 2015

Schuyler,

Welcome aboard.

I am afraid I don’t quite understand what you mean by your “budgets stop totalling after a while.” Are you  in fact referring to the GnuCash budgets features, or perhaps you are using that term to mean some other aspect of the program?

If it is in fact an issue with budgets, I will probably not be able to help you out (since I am woefully inept with GnuCash’s budgeting features). I do believe that a given budget uses established amounts that you must explicitly change, which makes sense, since they are meant to reflect your goals in particular areas. I am not sure which totals you’d refer to in that area, though, so perhaps you see something I do not.

However, perhaps you are referring to something else in the program, and I might be able to explain things better then. Where exactly are you seeing these totals? What is this window named? How are you calling these totals up? How are they not totaling? What numbers are you expecting to see?

And finally, which version of GnuCash are you using, and what operating system are you on?

Cheers,
David