Budget, expense issue

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 30 06:36:09 EDT 2015

OK, so now it’s clear you’re using the budget features, so I will repeat my admission of incomplete knowledge of the budget features. I will ask one more question, and then hope that someone with better budgeting experience can help out further.

You say “figures you enter for an expense account.” Do you mean that you are changing figures in the budget itself, or that you are entering transactions into your accounts? If you are referring to the former, my experience doesn’t match yours. That is, when I go in to my budget and change a budget value for an expense account, the totals change. If you are referring to the latter, then I will repeat that the budget isn’t intended to change when you enter actual transactions into GnuCash. There are reports that you can run that will show you both your budgeted amount and the actual transactional totals side by side.

David