discount for early invoice payment

Mike or Penny Novack mpnovack at mtdata.com
Sat Sep 5 07:58:46 EDT 2015

On 9/5/2015 5:25 AM, Chris Good wrote:
> From: Geert Janssens [mailto:geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be]
>

> Some fields in the Billing Terms Editor have been included to allow possible
> future functionality for Billing Terms to be used to automatically calculate
> discount for early invoice payment, but this has yet to be implemented.

We should note that some problems are more serious than other. This is
an example of a serious problem because it is rather common business
practice (the custom in certain sorts of businesses) for invoices to be
sent on a basis like "30 days net" (2% or whatever discount for
immediate payment). In other words, the invoiced amount is not the
amount immediately due but the amount due 30 days hence.

Michael D Novack