User Management and Password Protect

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 05:50:51 EDT 2015

> On 14 Sep 2015, at 08:56, Hossain <contacthossain at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello, I m new to GnuCash. I want to know is there anyway I password protect GnuCash.

No, it’s a single-user application, and you are expected to password-protect access to the computer you’re using it on.

> And Can I set user to the application ? Can I set privilege/restriction based on user level ?

No, but the Gnucash data files are stored in the current user’s document folders. The exact implications of this will depend on the Operating System you’re using.

The file-locking system on Gnucash is not designed to deal with multiple users.

Perhaps you could describe what you’re trying to achieve in greater detail, specifying OS, and Gnucash version number.

Michael