User Management and Password Protect

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 10:16:58 EDT 2015

> On 14 Sep 2015, at 14:24, Hossain <contacthossain at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I m using GnuCsah 2.6.7 (latest). I want to use GnuCash in a server and access it from other
> systems. What if I use MySql to save GnuCash data, this way I can use GnuCash in another
> PC , which will ask for server address and password fro MySql. I can use the ip address of the server
> to connect to server GnuCash from another PC.  Is it possible ?

I have no experience with this, but there has been correspondence about it on the list, which you should be able to search for - I got the impression from the messages that were exchanged that it’s possible but not advisable to use Gnucash remotely in this way. The SQL back-end may not be compatible with MySQL either.

It’s best always to reply to the group (usually “Reply All” in your email application) - that way you have more chance of getting an answer from some with the necessary experience.

Michael